Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kyle: updates and role models

At his four-month checkup, Kyle weighed 16lbs, 14 oz and was 26.5" long. This is large, which is great for the most part, but also means that we have to start thinking about him growing out of more than just clothes - the baby car seat goes to 29", the "Exersaucer" goes to 30"...

Meanwhile, a friend just met a baby named Kyle whose favorite activity is picking up trash around the house (and putting it in the trash bin, not his mouth). Hmmm, this could be useful...

Also, a recent NY Times article about skateboarders playing in drained pools of foreclosed homes featured a picture of "Kyle the Dude" trying a maneuver.

4 comments:

Jess said...

You guys must have huge muscles now - picking up and carrying around almost 17 pounds all day! Congrats on a great report.

beam aims north said...

Don't forget to switch arms so you get a good workout!

I am paranoid that Phoebe will outgrow her bucket seat before she is old enough for a forward facing seat, because I don't think we can fit a larger rear facing seat in the car.

Julie said...

Yeah Eric and I will have to take some pictures one of these days to show off our "beach muscles" from lifting Kyle. I'm now trying to figure out if I can incorporate playing with him into doing some abs...

Jess said...

Jules, lie on your back and lift him. It forces you to use your core rather than your legs - let me know how it works.